Membership Approval takes up to one complete business week, excluding holidays, by our Membership Committee. Please make sure you complete all questions on your application as this may delay your approval. Thank you.
- Regular Membership (all levels): $60 annually, July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
- Regular Membership, California and Nevada Public School Counselors (all levels): $0 annually, July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 Free memberships subject to verification by the Membership Committee.
- Retired/Student Membership: $40 annually, July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
Please note that dues and current structure ($60/$40 for all) are subject to change in future years upon vote of the Membership.
For professionals employed by two- and four-year colleges and universities. Institutions within the United States must be degree granting, non-profit, and regionally accredited. Institutions outside of the United States must be degree granting, accredited, and listed in or recognized by:
- The European Council of International Schools Higher Education Directory
- The Council of International Schools
- The Directory of Canadian Universities
- International Schools Directory
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
Please note that for colleges and universities, membership in WACAC is available only to those that are non-profit; you should be able to direct us to that portion of your website, if asked for proof of your non-profit status. If you have any questions, please email Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding.
High School Professional
For professionals based in a public, private, or parochial secondary school that is non-profit, regionally accredited or in a district office.
Independent Counseling Professional
For Professionals who are college consultants in private practice who are self-employed or employed by a company providing counseling, admission, or financial aid services to students and/or their parents.
Independent Counseling Professionals must also have:
- A degree (bachelor’s or higher) from a U.S. regionally accredited, not-for-profit college or university.
- Current membership beyond student level with one of the following: Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA), Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), or National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).
- Full-time college admission counseling experience in a U.S. regionally accredited college/university/secondary school or not-for-profit organization.
For professionals who work for a non-profit organization that serves a community and promotes or provides access to higher education. Must have been in business for the past three years.
Business Professional (non-voting)
For professionals who work for a business that promotes access to higher education. Businesses may provide products or services to college admission professionals or students. Must have been in business for the past three years. This category does not include Independent Counseling Professionals.
For professionals who are interested in supporting students by promoting and helping provide access to higher education but do not work directly in college admission. Includes teachers, faculty, administrators, and elementary/middle school professionals.
For retired persons who were actively engaged in providing college counseling and were a WACAC voting member for at least 10 years and not currently employed full-time in the profession.
For students currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program seeking careers in counseling, admission or financial aid services and who do not qualify for membership under another category. Student membership can be renewed twice for a total of three years.
Start your application now by clicking on the “Join Now” button below.