Membership Approval takes up to one complete business week, excluding holidays, by our Membership Committee. Please make sure you complete all questions on your application as this may delay your approval. Thank you.
Institutions and organizations will choose from Primary, Associate, and Individual memberships. These membership levels allow us to be in compliance with NACAC and give institutions, organizations, and individuals more options for membership.
- A “Primary Member” will now be required for each institution or organization where more than one person will be joining WACAC. On behalf of the indivudal who registers at this level, the primary membership is directly tied to the institution to maintain compliance with NACAC.
- An “Associate Member” is anyone joining WACAC in addition to the Primary Member. Associate Members can register for this level even if a primary member from the insitution has not yet registered.
- An “Individual Member” is for anyone who is the only member of WACAC from their organization or institution.
While there can only be one Primary Member, there is no limit to the number of Associate Members an institution or organization can have. Although there are different levels of membership, there is no difference in pricing or benefits received. All WACAC members enjoy the same benefits and all membership levels will pay the same fees.
- Regular Membership (all levels): $45 annually, July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018
- Retired/Student Membership: $25 annually, July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018
Please note that dues and current structure ($45/$25 for all) are subject to change in future years upon vote of the Membership.
For professionals employed by two- and four-year colleges and universities. Institutions within the United States must be degree granting, non-profit, and regionally accredited. Institutions outside of the United States must be degree granting, accredited, and listed in or recognized by:
- The European Council of International Schools Higher Education Directory
- The Council of International Schools
- The Directory of Canadian Universities
- International Schools Directory
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
Please note that for colleges and universities, membership in WACAC is available only to those that are non-profit; you should be able to direct us to that portion of your website, if asked for proof of your non-profit status. If you have any questions, please email Membership Chair Brad Ward at email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
High School Professional
For professionals based in a public, private, or parochial secondary school that is non-profit, regionally accredited or in a district office.
Independent Counseling Professional
For Professionals who are college consultants in private practice who are self-employed or employed by a company providing counseling, admission, or financial aid services to students and/or their parents.
Independent Counseling Professionals must also have:
- A degree (bachelor’s or higher) from a U.S. regionally accredited, not-for-profit college or university.
- Current membership beyond student level with one of the following: Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA), Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), or National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).
- Full-time college admission counseling experience in a U.S. regionally accredited college/university/secondary school or not-for-profit organization.
For professionals who work for a non-profit organization that serves a community and promotes or provides access to higher education. Must have been in business for the past three years.
Business Professional (non-voting)
For professionals who work for a business that promotes access to higher education. Businesses may provide products or services to college admission professionals or students. Must have been in business for the past three years. This category does not include Independent Counseling Professionals.
For professionals who are interested in supporting students by promoting and helping provide access to higher education but do not work directly in college admission. Includes teachers, faculty, administrators, and elementary/middle school professionals.
For retired persons who were actively engaged in providing college counseling and were a WACAC voting member for at least 10 years and not currently employed full-time in the profession.
For students currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program seeking careers in counseling, admission or financial aid services and who do not qualify for membership under another category. Student membership can be renewed twice for a total of three years.
Start your application now by clicking on the “Join Now” button below.