Governance and Nominations
The Governance and Nominations Committee monitors established procedures for nomination and election of officers of WACAC, solicits names of candidates, and conducts WACAC elections. This committee also monitors the WACAC bylaws. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and reviewing candidates for elected WACAC positions.
- The Governance and Nominations Committee is currently seeking nominations for the following positions: NACAC Assembly Delegate (several positions available) and WACAC President-Elect.
- Soliciting nominations and selecting winners of WACAC awards.
- To learn more about the various awards, visit the awards page.
- Regularly monitoring the WACAC bylaws and determining any necessary changes. All Bylaw changes must be voted on by WACAC’s membership.
- Bylaw changes are presented to WACAC membership by online vote each spring prior to the Annual Conference.
- Organizing the annual WACAC elections.
- Elections are held each spring via electronic voting. Candidates for elected positions are determined by the Governance and Nominations Committee from the pool of nominations received.
- The exact dates of the spring voting period varies from year to year.