Governance and Nominations
The Governance and Nominations Committee monitors established procedures for nomination and election of officers of WACAC, solicits names of candidates, and holds WACAC’s elections. This committee also monitors the WACAC bylaws. See below:
- Recruiting and reviewing candidates for elected WACAC positions.
- The Governance and Nominations Committee is currently seeking nominations for the following positions: NACAC Assembly Delegate (several positions will be available) and WACAC President-Elect.
- Nominations for candidates for the above positions will be accepted during a period to be determined in late 2020 and early 2021.
- Soliciting nominations and selecting winners of WACAC awards.
- To learn more about the various awards, visit the awards page
- Nominations for award recipients will be accepted during a period to be determined in late 2020 and early 2021.
- Regularly monitoring the WACAC bylaws and determining any necessary changes. All Bylaw changes need to be voted on by WACAC’s membership.
- Bylaw changes are presented to the WACAC membership by an online vote during the spring prior to the Spring Conference so that the results can be announced at the conference’s semi-annual membership meeting
- Organizing the annual WACAC elections.
- In most years, one election is held in the Spring using online voting. Candidates for elected positions are determined by the Governance and Nominations Committee from the pool of nominations received.
- The exact dates of the voting period varies from year to year, but it always follows the mandated parameters in the Bylaws.
- The dates and exact ballot items for the Spring 2021 elections have not yet been set.
For More Information Contact
Lauren Cook, Past President
Jewish Community High School of the Bay
Lauren Cook, Jewish Community High School of the Bay and Immediate Past-President WACAC
Marc McGee, Director of Admission at California State University Maritime Academy
Candice Mackey, Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies
Yamilet Medina Lopez, Stanford University
Arun Ponnusamy, Collegewise
Kris Shay, University of Nevada, Las Vegas