Governance and Nominations
The Governance and Nominations Committee monitors established procedures for nomination and election of officers of WACAC, solicits names of candidates, and conducts WACAC elections. This committee also monitors the WACAC bylaws. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and reviewing candidates for elected WACAC positions.
- The Governance and Nominations Committee is currently seeking nominations for the following positions: NACAC Assembly Delegate (several positions available) and WACAC President-Elect.
- Nominations for candidates for the above positions will be accepted through March 1, 2021.
- Soliciting nominations and selecting winners of WACAC awards.
- To learn more about the various awards, visit the awards page.
- Nominations for award recipients will be accepted until April 16, 2021.
- Regularly monitoring the WACAC bylaws and determining any necessary changes. All Bylaw changes must be voted on by WACAC’s membership.
- Bylaw changes are presented to WACAC membership by online vote each spring prior to the Annual Conference.
- Organizing the annual WACAC elections.
- Elections are held each spring via electronic voting. Candidates for elected positions are determined by the Governance and Nominations Committee from the pool of nominations received.
- The exact dates of the spring voting period varies from year to year.
- Spring 2021 elections will run from April 6-April 21, 2021.
For More Information Contact
Lauren Cook, Past President
Jewish Community High School of the Bay
Lauren Cook, Jewish Community High School of the Bay and Immediate Past-President WACAC
Marc McGee, Director of Admission at California State University Maritime Academy
Candice Mackey, Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies
Yamilet Medina Lopez, Stanford University
Arun Ponnusamy, Collegewise
Kris Shay, University of Nevada, Las Vegas