Governance and Nominations
The Governance and Nominations Committee monitors established procedures for nomination and election of officers of WACAC, solicits names of candidates, and holds WACAC’s elections. This committee also monitors the WACAC bylaws. See below:
- Recruiting and reviewing candidates for elected WACAC positions.
- The Governance and Nominations Committee is currently seeking nominations for the following positions: NACAC Assembly Delegate (several positions will be available), WACAC Secretary, WACAC Treasurer-Elect, and WACAC President-Elect.
- Nominations for candidates for the above positions are being accepted now through March 10, 2020 via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LHJK9WM
- Soliciting nominations and selecting winners of WACAC awards.
- Regularly monitoring the WACAC bylaws and determining any necessary changes. All Bylaw changes need to be voted on by WACAC’s membership.
- Bylaw changes are presented to the WACAC membership by an online vote during the spring prior to the Spring Conference so that the results can be announced at the conference’s semi-annual membership meeting
- Organizing the annual WACAC elections.
- In most years, one election is held in the Spring using online voting. Candidates for elected positions are determined by the Governance and Nominations Committee from the pool of nominations received.
- The exact dates of the voting period varies from year to year, but it always follows the mandated parameters in the Bylaws.
- The dates and exact ballot items for the Spring 2020 elections have not yet been set.
For More Information Contact
Marc McGee, Immediate Past President
CSU Maritime Academy
Marc McGee, Director of Admission at California State University Maritime Academy and Immediate Past-President WACAC
Sonia Ryan, Director of College Counseling at Saint Mary’s College High School and Past-President WACAC
Jeff Morrow, Director of College Counseling at Oaks Christian School and Past-President WACAC
Kevin Dyerly, Vice President for Enrollment Management at University of Redlands and Past-President PNACAC
Arun Ponnusamy, Chief Academic Officer of Collegewise
Rebecca Munda, College Counseling Director at Convent of the Sacred Heart High School and NACAC Assembly Delegate
Candace Mackey, College Counselor at LA Center for Enriched Studies (LACES) and NACAC Assembly Delegate