As an organization of leaders in college admission counseling since 1967, the Western Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC):
- Advocates for student rights in the college selection process
- Educates members to engage in advocacy in support of legislation to increase access to post-secondary education for students in California and Nevada
- Promotes and upholds the Statement of Principles of Good Practice, formulated by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- Encourages participation of traditionally underrepresented, underserved populations in postsecondary education and in the admission profession
- Offers professional development opportunities that meet members’ needs
- Provides access to research and resources that benefit members
Members of WACAC work within colleges and universities, community colleges, public, private and parochial high schools, independent practices and community based organizations in California and Nevada.
To learn more about WACAC’s impact, view our 2018 WACAC Profile.
WACAC is a 501(c)(3) member-directed organization. In accordance with its Bylaws , it is governed by its voting members and a volunteer executive board comprised of both elected and appointed members.