We welcome your application to the Western Association for College Admission Counseling. As a WACAC member, you will be able to take advantage of reduced rates for WACAC professional development events, to represent your institution at WACAC College Fairs, and to access members-only resources such as the WACAC Toolkits, amongst many other benefits, as detailed here.
Membership levels: Institutions and organizations will choose from Primary, Associate, and Individual memberships. These membership levels allow us to be in compliance with NACAC and give institutions, organizations, and individuals more options for membership.
- A “Primary Member” will now be required for each institution or organization where more than one person will be joining WACAC. On behalf of the individual who registers at this level, the primary membership is directly tied to the institution to maintain compliance with NACAC.
- An “Associate Member” is anyone joining WACAC in addition to the Primary Member. Associate Members can register for this level even if a primary member from the institution has not yet registered.
- An “Individual Member” is for anyone who is the only member of WACAC from their organization or institution
While there can only be one Primary Member, there is no limit to the number of Associate Members an institution or organization can have. Although there are different levels of membership, there is no difference in pricing or benefits received. All WACAC members enjoy the same benefits and all membership levels will pay the same fees.
District/System Membership: Formerly known as “other professional,” this membership is for professionals who are interested in supporting students by promoting and helping provide access to higher education but do not work directly in college admission or college counseling. This category is for professionals such as superintendents, presidents, chancellors, teachers, faculty, administrators, and elementary/middle school professionals.
Membership profile: With the shift to our new membership system, CVent, you now have the opportunity to build a better membership profile. Members can add a photo, share links to professional websites such as LinkedIn, and provide more information about their professional experiences. With more information in members’ profiles, we can provide a more useful Membership Directory.
- Regular Membership (all levels): $45 annually, July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018
- Retired/Student Membership: $25 annually, July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018
Please note that dues and current structure ($45/$25 for all) are subject to change in future years upon vote of the Membership.
What’s Staying the Same?
Membership guidelines: We will use the same guidelines for approving WACAC members as we have in the past.
Pricing: Although we are introducing new membership levels, our fee structure will remain the same for all members (regardless of level) for the 2017-2018 membership cycle.
Membership year: The membership cycle is still July 1 – June 30. Memberships will not be prorated.
Membership benefits: You still receive the same great member exclusive benefits from WACAC! These include:
- The ability to register for WACAC events – college fairs, GRAC, Share, Learn, Connect, and Annual Conference.
- Reduced registration rates for the Share, Learn Connect events and the Annual Conference.
- Link to the membership profile.
- The opportunity to advertise jobs through the WACAC Job Board.
- Access to the Membership Directory.
- Volunteer and networking opportunities.
Coordination with staff and colleagues: For this membership cycle, institutions and organizations with more than one WACAC member will need to name a Primary Member. All other members will be Associate Members. Institutions and organizations have the option to apply/renew and pay for Primary and all Associate memberships at one time or have each person apply for/renew membership individually.
College/University Memberships: Please note that for colleges and universities, membership in WACAC is available only to those that are non-profit; you should be able to direct us to that portion of your website, if asked for proof of your non-profit status. If you have any questions, please email Membership Chair Brad Ward at email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
Renew (or join) early! Memberships will not be prorated, so renew early to make the most of your membership. Membership approvals can take up to two weeks – renewing early ensures there will be no delays in registering for events.
Payment Options: We accept (and prefer) payment by Credit Card – Mastercard, Visa or American Express. We also accept Check Payments as long as a copy of the receipt/identifying information is enclosed with the check or noted on the stub. We do not accept Purchase Orders. Should your organization utilize a purchase order system, select “Pay By Check” and process the invoice through your internal process and mail us a check within 30 days of registration.
No membership refunds: WACAC will not issue any refunds for membership. The only exception is if a membership application is not approved.
Membership transfers: Membership transfers are subject to approval and available only at the Associate and Individual levels. Primary Members may not transfer their membership.
If you have any questions, contact the Membership Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, start your application now by clicking on the “Join Now” button below.