Membership is now live for the 2022-2023 year. You can renew or join here.
As a reminder, our membership cycle runs from July – June each year. We do not prorate membership. If you renew or join WACAC today, your membership will expire on June 30, 2023.
- Regular Membership (all levels): $60 annually, July 1 through June 30.
- Regular Membership, Public School Counselors and Community-Based Organizations (all levels): $0 annually, July 1 through June 30. Free memberships subject to verification by the Membership Committee.
- Retired/Student Membership: $40 annually, July 1 through June 30.
Please note that dues and current structure ($60/$40 for all) are subject to change in future years upon vote of the Membership.
As a member of WACAC, you are connected to a network of diverse, inclusive, hard-working professionals who can help support you and/or your school or organization. Member benefits for the 2022 – 2023 year include:
- The ability to register for special WACAC events, like fall and spring college fairs or the legislative advocacy conference (GRAC)
- Reduced registration rates for professional development events including our annual, two-day conference and regional, half-day professional development workshops (Share, Learn, Connect – SLCs)
- The opportunity to advertise jobs through the WACAC Job Board.
- Access to the members-only online portal
- Special Interest Group (SIG) membership – learn from members with similar jobs or demographics to you
- The opportunity to apply for scholarships to attend events
- Volunteer on a committee and/or at a WACAC event
- Website resources and online toolkit
We are excited for this membership year and all the great things to come!
WACAC (Western Association for College Admission Counseling) became the first organization of its type in the US to offer free membership to all Public High School Counselors and CBO members after a vote of our Executive Board and Membership. This decision reflects the importance of a robust representation of public high school counselors and CBO members in the organization, and recognizes the lack of professional development funding available in most public high schools and community-based organizations.
Annual membership for these individuals now only requires signing up. Members receive periodic e-newsletters, access to college counseling tool kits, discounted registration to local professional development events throughout California and Nevada, as well as reduced registration rates or scholarships to the annual Spring Conference.
The membership cycle is from July 1 – June 30. Memberships will not be prorated, so renew early to make the most of your membership.
WACAC prefers that credit cards are used for all payments to the organization. As a 501c3 non-profit, WACAC will provide a W-9 upon request. Recognizing that some of our members’ institutions rely on checks as the primary form of payment for bills, WACAC will accept Membership payments by check only for a certain portion of the year. See timeline below.
- From July 1 – December 31, 2022
- Pay by credit card or check. Please indicate payment by check when you submit your membership form.
- From January 1 – June 30, 2023
- Credit card only. Membership applications submitted and/or renewed during this time must be paid by credit card.
Please note that membership in WACAC is free for Public School Counselors and CBO Members.
No membership refunds: WACAC will not issue any refunds for membership. The only exception is if a membership application is not approved.
Membership transfers: Membership transfers are subject to approval by the Membership Committee.
Membership guidelines: We will use the same guidelines for approving WACAC members as we have in the past.
Please see more policies and answered to Frequently Asked Questions here.