WACAC Membership 2021-2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for your interest in joining WACAC this year! We are excited to launch WACAC Membership Registration for 2021-2022. This year’s launch also coincides with the implementation of a new membership/event platform: MemberClicks. We encourage you to read the information below carefully to ensure the smoothest membership registration possible.
I am a returning WACAC member. How do I renew this year?
- Click here to set your password. Your username is your email.
- Check your email (might be in a Junk folder) for the password reset link.
- Reset your password.
- Done resetting your password. Click the orange “Join Now” button at the top left.
- You can also click here to register after your password reset.
- Complete the registration form. Your membership is not complete until you submit this form.
How do I know if I completed my registration successfully?
You will receive a confirmation email titled, “Registration Confirmed – 2021-2022 WACAC Membership”, as well as a separate email with your invoice PDF.
I am new to WACAC. How can I register for 2021-2022 membership?
Welcome to WACAC! You can register here by creating a new profile (under “New Users”).
How can I renew multiple people at once?
With our previous membership system, Cvent, you were able to register multiple people in one office at the same time. Unfortunately, this is not a feature that is available in Memberclicks – we do not have an “Organization” Membership option at this time. Each person must renew their own WACAC membership.
I understand that each person must maintain their own WACAC membership. Can we still pay collectively for all our organization’s members?
Yes! Here’s how you can do that:
- Each member selects “Invoice Me” on the membership registration form.
- Each member forwards their invoice to one person in your office (the one who will be paying).
- In one mailing, send all open invoices, with a check for the total amout due, to:Western Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC)
2629 Foothill Blvd. #124
La Crescenta, CA 91214
How do I update my contact information after renewing?
An added benefit of MemberClicks is a membership portal. Once you have logged into the membership portal, please visit your profile to ensure that we have your correct contact information on file. In this area, you’ll also be able to update several other key areas of information that will help us serve you better. In addition, membership will roll out additional features this year including an events calendar and members only resources. Click here to update your profile.
The blue image at the top of the member portal looks cut off. Can that be fixed?
We are aware of some graphics not loading properly and we’re in the middle of a fix for that. Thanks for being patient with us!
It looks like some information is missing from my member portal (name, title, organization, etc.). How can I fix that?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot/photo of what you see. With our transition to a new membership system, we are still learning how to use all the new and exciting member portal features.
When is the membership cycle?
The membership cycle is July 1 – June 30. Memberships will not be prorated, so renew early to make the most of your membership.
Who is eligible for WACAC membership?
Membership for WACAC is an individual membership offered to professionals in the following categories. For more information on each category, please visit our website.
- Community-based Organizations/Non-Profit
- District System
- High School
- Independent Counseling
- Business Professional (non-voting)
- Student (non-voting)
How much is membership?
We are pleased to announce that now both public high school counselors AND community-based organizations receive membership at no cost. Students and retired members will pay $40 and all other members will pay $60 for the 2021-2022 membership cycle.
How can I pay for membership?
We accept (and prefer) payment by Credit Card – Mastercard, Visa or American Express. We also accept Check Payments as long as a copy of the receipt/identifying information is enclosed with the check or noted on the stub. We do not accept Purchase Orders or Wire Transfers. Should your organization utilize a purchase order system, select “Pay By Check” and process the invoice through your internal process and mail us a check within 30 days of registration.
Do you provide refunds for membership?
WACAC will not issue any refunds for membership. The only exception is if a membership application is not approved.
Can I transfer my membership to another person?
Membership transfers are subject to approval by the Membership Committee. Please email us at email@example.com.
How is membership approved?
We will use the same guidelines for approving WACAC members as we have in the past. Please visit our website for more information on guidelines for different membership types and know that the membership committee will audit memberships on a regular basis to ensure that guidelines are met.
What are the benefits of joining WACAC?
- Volunteer and networking opportunities with our more that 2,500 members.
- WACAConnection biweekly newsletter
- Reduced prices for professional development events
- Annual Conference April 12-14, 2022 in Long Beach, CA
- Share, Learn & Connect, half-day professional development workshops
- Legislative advocacy conferenc and training
- Scholarships and grants to attend events
- Special interest Group (SIG) membership – learn from members with similar jobs or demographics to you
- Online member directory
- Job board
- Leadership and committee opportunites
- Website resources and online tooklits
Thank you for your interest in joining WACAC! If you have any other questions, please let us know.
Anna-Marie Fahmy, Chair
WACAC Membership Committee