The Transfer Advocacy has been hard at work since its inception a couple years ago. It worked to update the WACAC Mission Statement to include “transfer”; sent a letter to Chief Student Services Officers (CSSOs) from the WACAC President encouraging support of membership and participation; and revised the Transfer Center Guidelines in collaboration with the California Community College Chancellor’s Office.
A sampling of committee projects includes:
- Providing scholarships for transfer personnel to attend WACAC professional development events
- Sending TAC leadership to events to educate individuals about TAC, learn what members want, and connect with transfer allies
- Fostering relationships and collaborations with Regional Reps through the Chancellor’s Office
- Increasing TAC’s visibility and awareness
- Providing transfer information sessions at WACAC events such as Share, Learn and Connect, College Fairs, and the Annual Conference
- Providing an intensive professional development program to a community college campus or district
- Partnering with Regional Admissions Counselors of California (RACC)
- Developing the HBCU Transfer Project
- Establishing a NACAC Fee Waiver for transfers
- Advocating for a Common Response Deadline for transfer applicants
- Creating a “WACAC approved website” protocol for transfer information
- Successfully advocating for the Common App to improve the transfer application process
We encourage you to get involved in the projects above! We also encourage your participation in one of the other WACAC committees to ensure that “transfer voice” is heard throughout the organization.
Santa Monica College