Government Relations Advocacy Committee (GRAC) members chart the course of WACAC’s work in state and federal legislative advocacy. Members develop policy priorities and goals, help determine the positions we take on bills and other legislative proposals, meet with elected officials, and keep the membership apprised of important legislative issues related to higher education, counseling and student access to college. A sampling of committee projects includes:
- Visiting state and federal elected officials’ offices
- Planning the State Legislative Conference in Sacramento in February
- Educating members on legislative issues that directly impact our work
- Organizing workshops/trainings/webinars at WACAC conferences
- Collaborating and advising our lobbyist on proposed legislation
- Attending the National Legislative Conference in Washington, DC
- Serving on NACAC’s Government Relations Committee
Do you want to have your voice heard? Visit the NACAC Action Center and lend your support.
- Are you interested in visiting your legislator locally? Contact the committee below to get setup.
- Check out the legislative priorities that WACAC & NACAC shares here.
- Text @wacacgrac to 81010 to join our Remind group for legislative updates.
- Subscribe to our mailing list to learn about upcoming committee meetings. Simply email the committee chair below.
- Join our Facebook group
Contact Your Local Legislators
Have you ever wanted to know who your local legislator is, or where your local IRS office is located? Have no fear! Here is a great resource that will help you find what you are looking for: http://www.countyoffice.org
University of California, San Diego