The WACAC Professional Development Committee is responsible for organizing professional training opportunities and resources for the organization’s membership (beyond the annual conference).
A sampling of committee projects includes:
- Organizing WACAC’s “Share, Learn, Connect” events (regional one-day counselor workshops) in California
- Implementing and promoting the WACAC Leadership Development Institute (LDI)
- Training and supporting public school counselors’ efforts to increase college-going rates through the District Directions program.
- Providing College Admissions professionals with less than 2 years of experience with training, mentoring and networking at our Summer Admission Institute.
- Hosting WACAC Wednesdays, a Members-Only lunch-time speaker series, on topics of professional interest and growth.