WACAC’s annual College Fairs provides students with the opportunity to meet representatives from colleges and universities from all over the country and beyond. Eight locations throughout central and northern California typically hosts fairs in the Spring. Nevada Fairs in Las Vegas and Reno are held in the Fall. Nearly 6,000 students from over 500 different high schools attended a WACAC fair in 2018-2019.
Fall 2019 Reno & Las Vegas Fairs
WACAC College Fair exhibitors play a major role in the success of each of our programs. The Executive Board of the Western Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC), along with members of the local planning committee are responsible for creating a professional and safe environment for the delivery of WACAC’s College Fair program. Please find the Exhibitor Guidelines here.
- All Colleges/Universities attending must be in good standing of WACAC.
- Institutions exhibiting at WACAC College Fairs for the 2019-2020 academic year must meet all parts of the following requirement:
- Be a degree-granting institution.
- Be an institution with a non-profit tax status that covers no less than its 1) undergraduate educational unit, 2) admission & outreach unity, and 3) financial aid unit.
- Applications for membership may take up to one complete business week for approval so please plan accordingly if your college/university will be attending any of our fairs.
WACAC is pleased to announce the addition of scanning technology to our regional college fairs starting this fall! We have partnered with StriveScan to provide this service and scanning will be included in your WACAC fair registration.
Registered institutions should click HERE to review instructions for StriveScan prior to the fairs.
College reps may use the StriveScan app on their iPhone, Android, or iPad to scan students’ barcodes (no other device needed!). Reps can instantly view the student’s profile information and take notes right in the app. After the fair, reps export the student data with one click, instantly, to a CSV Excel file. If you have multiple reps attending from the same institution, both can scan from their own phones.
For more information, we recommend watching the two-minute intro video at www.strivescan.com.
If you have questions, feel free to contact StriveScan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to www.strivefair.com to register for a barcode. It’s free and will save you time. The day after the fair, you will receive a report with information about each college with whom you scanned.
High School Counselors do not need to register for college fairs as they will not be scanned by college reps. Encourage your students to register for a barcode before they attend the fair at www.strivefair.com. Download and print StriveScan’s handout for students.
College Fair Attendee List (as of 2/19/2020)
2020 Spring California Fairs
- WACAC Transfer Fair (UC San Diego) – Monday, April 20, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. CANCELLED
- WACAC Central Coast (Templeton High School) – Friday, April 24, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. CANCELLED
- WACAC Sacramento (Sacramento State) – Sunday, April 26, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. CANCELLED
- WACAC Stockton (University of the Pacific) – Monday, April 27, 10:00 a.m. – noon CANCELLED
- WACAC Sonoma County (Sonoma State) – Tuesday, April 28, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. CANCELLED
- WACAC Marin County (Dominican University of California) – Wednesday, April 29, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. CANCELLED
- WACAC Santa Clara/South Bay (West Valley College) – Thursday, April 30, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. CANCELLED
- WACAC Coastal East Bay (CSU East Bay) – Friday, May 1, 10:00 a.m. – noon CANCELLED
- WACAC Inland East Bay (Saint Mary’s College of California) – Saturday, May 2, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. CANCELLED
- WACAC Long Beach (Annual Conference) – Tuesday, May 26, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Fall 2019 Las Vegas Fair
Tuesday, October 15th
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 S. Maryland Pkway
Las Vegas, NV 89157
Fall 2019 Reno Fair
Sunday, October 20th
Joe Crowley Student Center
University of Nevada, Reno
Site Chair: Kati Swanson.
Regional College Fairs