The WACAC Communications Committee is responsible for informing the membership about the organization’s activities and events and engaging the membership in discussions about issues relevant to the college admission profession. These efforts span a variety of media, including WACAC’s website, bi-weekly email blast, and social media platforms. The Committee is also responsible for maintaining consistent and professional messaging and branding of the organization’s communication.
A sampling of committee projects includes:
- Editing content, brainstorming topics, writing articles, and securing guest bloggers for the WACAConversations blog
- Updating the WACAC website
- Keeping the job board up-to-date
- Posting content and connecting with members on Facebook
- Disseminating information and engaging with members via Twitter
- Creating a community on LinkedIn
- Creating video content for YouTube
- Developing and executing social media activities for the Annual Conference
- Keeping members informed of the organization’s activities through the WACAConnection e-blast
- Evaluating and making recommendations regarding the organization’s ongoing technology and communications needs
- Ensuring that the association’s branding is consistent and professional
If you would like to share a non-WACAC event or resource information with the WACAC membership via our social media, please email your request to email@example.com.