Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) Institute
The Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) Institute, a pre-conference workshop run in conjunction with the WACAC Annual Conference, is designed to provide strategies and resources to those who work with students from underrepresented populations. All innovative and energetic high school, college enrollment management, admission, outreach, and recruitment professionals are welcome to attend this exciting event where dialogue, collaboration, and cross-cultural awareness is abound.
2017 IDEA Conference
Are you interested in discussions around inclusion, access and equity in education? Join the DEA Committee for the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) Institute on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 featuring keynote speaker Jorge Aguilar, Associate Superintendent for Equity and Access in the Fresno Unified School District. All innovative and energetic high school, college enrollment management, admission, outreach, and recruitment professionals are welcome to attend this exciting event where dialogue, collaboration, and cross-cultural awareness is abound.
To submit a session proposal for the IDEA Conference – Click Here.
2016 IDEA Institute
The 2016 IDEA Institute, Supporting Transgender Students through the College Admission Process, took place on June 1, 2016 at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, Calif. in conjunction with the 2016 WACAC Annual Conference.
Our goal was to provide presentations that focus on providing background information, resources and support to help transition high school students be successful in their college application process and their transition to college campuses. Session topics included:
- What’s the “T”? Supporting Trans and Non-Binary Students in the Admission Process
- Roadbumps on the Path to College: Putting into Context Inconsistent Academic Records and Disciplinary Problems Among Transgender Youth
- Supporting Students Questioning Their Identities
- College Resources Panel
- Empowering Transgender and Gender-Nonconforming Students in the College Admissions Process
- Gender Pronoun Image
- WACAC IDEA Resource Sheet
- A Few Definitions to Help Understand Gender and Sexual Orientation for Educations and Parents/Guardians
- Navigating FAFSA and The Military Draft
- College and School Concerns