Website The Summer Science Program
The Summer Science Program (SSP) is an independent non-profit that offers teens an exhilarating and inspiring immersion into hands-on experimental science. Working in teams of three, 36 participants and 8 faculty form a supportive “living and learning community” over 39 days. Each team completes a real research project, taking and analyzing original data. Afterward, they join a worldwide network of 3,400+ alumni of all ages. More information can be found at www.summerscience.org
The Summer Science Program seeks candidates for 1-2 fully remote application reader positions for a minimum of 15 hours/week from February 19th-March 15th.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Receive synchronous and asynchronous training between February 19-21 (flexible scheduling).
- Review files beginning on February 22 for a minimum of 15 hrs/week, with the desired pace of 4 or more applications per hour.
- Complete file reviews individually; thus hours are flexible and can be determined by the reader.
- Candidates may be asked to schedule occasional short check-ins via video call and will have access to full-time staff who can assist with any questions throughout the process.
- Must have a computer and access to reliable internet.
- Must approach work with a commitment to ethics and privacy. Applications contain sensitive information which may not be shared or utilized for any external purpose under any circumstance.
- Prior experience reviewing applications and transcripts from a variety of curricular types, with preference for those who have some experience reviewing international files.
- An understanding of the values of equity and inclusion and sensitivity to the experiences of underrepresented students.
- Skillsets desired are typical of professionals with at least one year of prior experience as a college admission professional, college counselor, CBO admission reviewer, prior seasonal reader, or similar.
- Professionals with existing full-time or part-time employment are eligible.
- Experience considering candidates for selective STEM programs is preferred but not required.
- The hourly rate for this position is $23.00/ hour.
- This is a temporary position that is not benefits-eligible.
Interested candidates should send an email with resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Temporary Application Reader” in the email subject.
Feel free to click the link below for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com