Website Harvard-Westlake School
Harvard-Westlake School is seeking a highly qualified educator to join the expanding team in our Upper School Deans’ Office. The office is growing to include twelve Deans (currently ten) who work closely with an office coordinator. If you employ a holistic approach to serving the needs of students and would add to the mutually supportive skills of an entire team of Deans, please consider this opportunity.
As a Dean, you will:
- Be responsible for the academic, college, and personal counseling needs of approximately 30 sophomores, 30 juniors, and 30 seniors (though junior and senior caseloads won’t be assigned until your second and third years, respectively).
- Guide students and their families, advising them on issues of course selection, study skills, community behavior, discipline, and ultimately, all elements of the college search and selection process.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with parents, faculty and staff, and college admission professionals.
- Write letters of recommendation.
- Speak publicly in both small and large venues.
- Teach once-per-week seminar courses to your student cohorts.
- Participate in the school community and culture.
- Continually look for ways to develop professionally.
We are an independent school consisting of two campuses located in Los Angeles, California. We have approximately 1,600 curious, thoughtful, and inspiring students enrolled in grades seven through twelve. The Upper School campus enrolls approximately 875 students in grades ten through twelve, more than half of whom are students of color.
We are committed to creating a community of belonging and actively strive to be a diverse and inclusive community. We do not discriminate on any basis. We seek candidates who demonstrate sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members; have an ability to work flexibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds; and have a capacity to serve as a model of openness, generosity, and acceptance.
Compensation: Anticipated base compensation is $115,000-$130,000 depending on experience.
Feel free to click the link below for more information.
To apply for this job please visit hwschool.clearcompany.com.