Website Woodland School
Woodland School, an independent day school for approximately 270 students in early childhood through eighth grade located just west of Stanford University in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking a Director of Enrollment Management to lead and evolve the school’s process for recruiting, enrolling, and retaining families well-suited to its programs.
Woodland School specializes in education that inspires students by nurturing each individual’s voice, intellect, and character. With rich content and an emphasis on inquiry-based and student-driven projects, students are empowered and encouraged to be active and engaged learners.
The Director of Enrollment Management is responsible for the recruiting, selecting, and enrolling of a diverse class of high-quality students for Woodland School, as well as for developing marketing and strategic plans that will distinguish Woodland as the day school of choice for prospective families in this highly competitive market. The Director reports directly to the Head of School, is a member of the school’s administrative team, and works cooperatively with the senior leadership, Board, faculty, and staff in setting direction and policy to ensure that students who enroll at Woodland are of the caliber necessary to succeed in the school’s program.
Woodland School is at an exciting time in its history. The surrounding area is thriving and is home to a well-resourced community that can support independent education. Marja Brandon, in her second year as Head, is providing dynamic and mission-driven leadership that is invigorating the school. The new Director of Enrollment Management has the opportunity to partner with a strong, forward-thinking, and collaborative leadership team and community. This new position incorporates the responsibilities of the current Director of Admission role and also acknowledges the need for thoughtful oversight of recruitment and retention of students. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, strategic, charismatic, and innovative community builder and educational leader.
We see the following as the current priorities, opportunities, and challenges for the position:
- Develop a strategic plan to help the school continue to attract, enroll, and retain a diverse and dynamic student population in order to reach enrollment targets.
- Clearly and consistently articulate the distinctive mission, education, and opportunities of Woodland to prospective families.
- Marshal and direct the energies of community members-Board members, faculty, staff, parents, and students-to support and help with enrollment efforts.
- Partner with the community to better retain students and families, especially in the transition from Lower School to Middle School.
- Foster partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop strategic and consistent outreach to prospective families and other community stakeholders.
- Work with the Director of Information Systems to ensure efficient and effective use of technologies, including Ravenna.
- Evaluate and refine admission programming.
A full position description including desired qualities and qualifications and information on how to apply may be found at https://carneysandoe-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/assets/Woodland-School-Final-PD.pdf
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com