Website Whittier College
Reporting to the Executive Director of Enrollment Management and Marketing, the Director of Admission is a senior-level administrator responsible for coordinating the recruitment, outreach, application review, and communication for new domestic first-year and transfer students.
The position is responsible for the direct supervision of four Associate Directors and indirect supervision of 10 Assistant Directors and Admission Officers. The Director of Admission maintains territory management duties, including application reading, serving as counselor of the day, and recruitment travel. The position is expected to inspire staff, cultivate a positive office culture, and lead a productive work environment. The Director will also be expected to contribute to the overall strategic planning process of the Enrollment Management Division to help the institution successfully achieve all enrollment, retention, and revenue goals.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
Exempt Status: Exempt
Full Time/Part Time status: Full time
Salary Range: $88,000-$100,000 annually; Salary will commensurate with experience, skills, and knowledge.
Reports to: Executive Director, Enrollment Management and Marketing
Location/Department: Whittier College (Main Campus) /Admissions
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a proxy for the Executive Director of Enrollment Management and Marketing as assigned.
- Serves as a member of the Enrollment Management Leadership team that sets policies, procedures, goals, and initiatives relating to admission and financial aid
- Analyze recruitment data and develop and formulate a yearly recruitment plan for new domestic first-year and transfer students entering in the Fall and Spring semesters
- Manages assigned recruitment territories. Represents Whittier College at regional events, high school visits, college fairs, community events, and special events.
- Manage the processing of all applications, and the process for evaluating and selecting prospective students
- Ensure effective and efficient use of the office’s Customer Relationship Management tool (Slate by Technolutions)
- Help develop and manage the communication work-flow and marketing strategy for recruitment, outreach, and the admission and financial aid processes
- Develop partnerships and programs with high schools, community colleges, and community-based organizations to build new first-year and transfer student pipelines
- Supervision of professional and administrative staff
- Oversight over the planning and coordination of Admission Office events
- Manage an assigned recruitment territory
- Assist in budget management
- Serve on various committees to help set campus policies and standards
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information, please click the link below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org