Website University of California, Berkeley
Senior Associate Director (0302U), Undergraduate Admissions – 51212
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions (OUA) must provide a fair opportunity for every applicant to obtain admission to the University, operates in a professional manner that ensures positive staff morale, and values hard work and dedication. The team communicates and collaborates effectively, presents a coordinated effort to standardize procedures and document best practices, offer a variety of methods for professional development, and provides first class customer service in a cost-effective and transparent manner.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: April 13, 2023. For full consideration please submit application materials by May 1, 2023
- Represents Office of Undergraduate Admissions when speaking to college/school/department or campus as it relates to evaluation and finalization of admit records, transcripts, and test scores. Supervises and serves as a resource for managers who review difficult and complex admissions cases, including Admissions Review processes for finalization of admit records.
- Holds full supervisory responsibility for 4-6 FTE, including managerial positions, and indirect supervision of over 200+ freshman and transfer external readers. Makes decisions on performance, salary actions, hiring decisions, and other human resources-related issues of managed staff. Ensures that managers are meeting departmental objectives, business needs, and compliance with University, campus, and departmental policies.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing systems that support the program(s). Collaborates with the Associate Director for Systems to maintain/develop/update/implement systems that support the mission and might enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of OUA’s operation. Keeps abreast of new technologies.
- Represents the office in the absence of the Assistant Vice Chancellor & Director. In consultation with the Assistant Vice Chancellor & Director, makes decisions and commitments on behalf of the office. Participates in various systemwide and campus policy-making committees and holds the authority to make binding decisions for the Berkeley campus. Serves as a member of the Office of Undergraduate Admission leadership team.
- Professional Development: Participate in state, regional, and national associations and events relating to admissions and enrollment, e.g. AACRAO, PACRAO, NACAC, and/or WACAC, ACT, College Board, and/or UC Office of the President Counselor Conferences, and UC Office of the President Evaluation Conferences. Identify professional development activities that would enhance the incumbent’s skills, knowledge, and/or experience.
For complete job description and application information, please click below.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.