Website University of California, Berkeley
Assistant Director, Native American Outreach Coordinator (4509U), Undergraduate Admissions – 51223
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions provides a fair opportunity for every applicant to obtain admission to the University, operates in a professional manner that ensures positive staff morale, and values hard work and dedication. The team communicates and collaborates effectively, presents a coordinated effort to standardize procedures and document best practices, offer a variety of methods for professional development, and provide first-class customer service in a cost- effective and transparent manner.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 20, 2023
- Recruitment: Serves as point of contact for all assigned schools/community colleges. Represents the University of California, Berkeley at school/community college visits, college nights/fairs, and transfer days/fairs as assigned. Behaves in a manner that promotes goodwill on behalf of the University. Plans visits schools, schedules and makes presentations, interviews, and follow-up visits. Identifies potential students, and provides information about higher education generally and UC Berkeley specifically. Plans, manages, and implements events to enhance recruitment and yield, including Cal Day, diversity initiative events, mentoring programs, electronic communications, and similar activities. Assesses effectiveness in attracting quality students to UC Berkeley. Utilizes search and marketing tools and technology.
- Advising: Serves as liaison between students, parents, colleges/universities, community agencies, and UC Berkeley college/school/department. Serves as Officer-of-the-Day (OD) as assigned. Provides in-depth information on admissions requirements/selection/eligibility requirements, prerequisite courses, school/college programs and curricula, specific financial aid criteria, and career opportunities. Assist prospective applicants with course planning. Responds to general inquiries. Contact students regarding their admission to Berkeley.
- Evaluation: Maintains a caseload of newly admitted students and performs course-by-course evaluations for eligibility review and record verification. Evaluates transcripts for prospective, new, and continuing students. Mandates supplemental academic preparation as a condition of admission where appropriate. Determines if the applicant has met specific University/campus requirements at the point of admission. Finalizes applicants’ entrance records for the University. Makes recommendations for admission to be sustained or canceled based on extenuating circumstances, recommendations, or supplemental information regarding the applicant. Contacts applicants regarding the status of their admission.
- Application Review: Serves as a lead reader for assigned territory, including the training and management of assigned external readers. Reads and scores applications for freshman and transfer admission. Conducts holistic and/or comprehensive reviews of applications, assessing the academic preparedness of applicants. Assesses applicants for motivation, initiative, leadership potential, work/life experience, extracurricular activities, socioeconomic status, disability, and educational/personal hardship. Uses professional judgment when reviewing complex applications for admission. Using extensive knowledge of college/school/department requirements and applicant pool assesses the applicants’ overall record and experience for final admissions recommendation.
- Campus Partnerships: Plans, develops, coordinates, and implements activities for undergraduate student development in partnership with campus programs. Interprets, implements, and applies University admission policies. Keeps supervisor abreast of progress/process. Maintain and support relationships with alumni and current student groups.
- Professional Development and Other Duties As Assigned: Maintains knowledge of and utilizes current references and resources, e.g., Evaluation Guidelines, articulation agreements, up-to-date references/resources, e.g., Quick Reference for Counselors, etc. Participates in state, regional, and national associations and events relating to recruitment and/or admissions in higher education, e.g., AACRAO, PACRAO, NACAC and/or WACAC, ACT, College Board, and systemwide Counselor Conferences.
Required QualificationsFor complete job description and application information, please click below.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.