Website The Quarry Lane School
The Quarry Lane School (QLS), a private, secular day school founded in 1991, provides an academically rigorous and supportive educational environment for students entering preschool through high school. Our ethnically diverse student body consists of around 1,000 students coming from the San Francisco East Bay area. The Quarry Lane School is one of only two private International Baccalaureate World Schools in Northern California. We welcome you to read through our website: www.quarrylane.org to learn more about our community.
We are currently a team of three and adding a fourth counselor. We have very small caseloads of students and work with about 20 students per grade level 9-12.
Responsibilities include advising and supporting students in all aspects of the college admission process including:
● Meet regularly with students and parents/guardians to discuss college planning which includes essay and application assistance, building a balanced college list, summer planning, extracurricular planning, scholarships, etc.
● Counsel students on appropriate course selection for each grade level during annual course advising meetings
● Guide students in their college research and provide additional and ongoing individual support by seeking out best fit colleges for each student
● Coordinate and present at student seminars, evening presentations, Coffee with the Counselors, and other college-related events.
● Lead college prep seminars for freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
● Write individualized letters of recommendation for college applications and scholarships and prepare and send all college admission documents to colleges
● Instruct teachers in the use of Scoir for writing and submitting teacher recommendations
● Participate in opportunities for continuous learning including local and national associations such as NACAC and WACAC to remain current on trends in college admissions
● Develop and maintain relationships with colleges and universities
● Be an active and engaged member of the QLS community
Feel free to click the link below for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org