Website The Nueva School
The Nueva School seeks an Associate Director of College Counseling to join our highly collaborative team of three educators in creating and executing a comprehensive and dynamic program supporting the college search and application process.
· Educate students and parents about the search/application process through programs, individual meetings, and seminars from grades 9 to 12.
· Communicate options to individual students based on interests and profile; help students discover “fit.”
· Develop and nurture relationships with college and university representatives.
· Attend professional conferences, travel to college campuses, and promote Nueva as appropriate.
· Write comprehensive letters of recommendation and serve as students’ advocate throughout the application process.
· Assist students in all aspects of the application process.
· Assist with course approval processes for the UC system and NCAA.
· Support programs (such as advisory, admissions, and/or chaperoning trips/events) as requested.
A qualified candidate must have a strong background in independent schools or higher education, experience in college counseling or selective college admissions (5+ years in either environment, a combination of the two preferred), as well as be comfortable engaging with a diverse, high achieving student body and their parents. It is essential that applicants understand and appreciate Nueva’s unique educational philosophy.
Additional qualifications include:
· BA/BS required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Strong public speaking and written communication skills.
· Deep knowledge of all aspects of the college admissions process.
· The ability to work both collaboratively and independently. Strong sense of initiative and tolerance for ambiguity.
· Robust technology skills, including facility with Naviance, SCOIR, MaiaLearning, College Kickstarter, and/or Ciaflo.
· Unwavering sense of ethics and impeccable integrity.
· Demonstrated intellectual drive and curiosity.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé via email to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com