Website Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies
The application reader will have a key role in the evaluation of applications to two of Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies summer programs (minimum 15 hours per week; maximum 40 hours per week). The two programs are the following:
The application reader will:
- review applications in accordance with our review policies and set deadlines
- examine transcripts, recommendations, essays, and other application components
- provide a paragraph summary evaluation for each application read
- check in weekly via email with their reading supervisor
- respond to feedback on evaluations
- keep up with the expected weekly reading requirement
The reading period for Stanford Summer Humanities Institute will be February 1 – March 15, 2023, with a mandatory training on February 1. The reading period for Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes will be March 15 – May 1, 2023. A mandatory training will take place March 16. Readers may be hired for Stanford Summer Humanities Institute, Stanford Pre-Collegiate Summer Institutes, or both.
To avoid even the appearance of conflict of interest, we cannot consider candidates who are parents, guardians, siblings, counselors, or recommenders of an applicant to our programs. Counselors of students in their junior or senior years of high school are also ineligible for this role. You are expected to report any other potential conflicts of interest before you are hired. We will review other potential conflicts of interest on a case-by-case basis.
For complete job description and application information, please click below.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.