Founded in 1863, Saint Mary’s is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary’s currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Registrar provides leadership and execution for matter related to the academic policies, registration, enrollment, academic records, commencement, diplomas and student services. The Registrar provides the strategic plan and direction for all registrarial functions and tracks the completion of departmental goals. The Registrar participates and provides leadership in the short and long term planning for the college regarding student academic progress, commencement, technology solutions for enrollment and execution of student information systems.
- Provide leadership and execute the long and short-term plans for academic progress, registration and student services. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) officer for the college. Oversees subpoena process for delivery of documents regarding student records.
- Supervise 5 full-time staff members in the areas of Articulation, Graduation, Commencement, NCAA Eligibility, Student Services, Transcript Processing, Registration, Grading, Veteran Services/Yellow Ribbon and Class Scheduling.
- Participate and lead strategic implementations for the student information systems Colleague. Makes corrections to student records. Troubleshoots discrepancies with student records and make corrections. Manages GaelXpress for the registration, course information, and student demographic information for grading. Oversees, updates and maintains GaelXpress for all registration periods for multiple programs and multiple calendars (terms, trimesters and quarters).
- Produce student data reports for faculty, students and staff and provides detailed and complex reports to national and federal agencies such as NCAA, IPEDS, Department of Education and Veteran Affairs.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of graduate (GPS) and undergraduate commencement ceremonies; including logistics, contracts with vendors, grad fairs, commencement scripts, rehearsal and day of event flow.
- Serve on committees for the college such as the January Term Committee, Enrollment Group, Strategic Planning committees, leads the Data Stewardship group.
Experience & Requirements:
Experience: 8+ years
Skills/ Abilities: Knowledge of student information systems use of query for reports, good written and verbal skills, ability to collaborate with multiple areas of the College, knowledge of an extensive use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
Other Requirements: Some travel and evening hours.
Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary’s is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary’s College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary’s College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.stmarys-ca.edu.