Website Sacred Heart Preparatory School
Sacred Heart Schools seeks a talented and highly qualified full-time Associate Director of College Counseling at the Preparatory. The successful candidate assists the Director by counseling upper school students regarding college placement and coordinating assistance during the application process.
Key responsibilities for this important role include but are not limited to:
- Counsels students and their parents, individually and in groups, regarding college selection, application, and admission procedures.
- Manages a caseload of assigned students, counseling them in selecting the best college fit.
- Supports students in personal statement and supplemental essay writing and completion of applications.
- Provides advice for student entrance exam testing; provides pre- and post-test counseling.
- Coordinates students’ accurate testing/academic records with the Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) Testing Coordinator and Registrar.
- Advocates for students throughout the application process, including writing a detailed and timely letter of recommendation for each.
- Assists in managing the prompt completion and transmission of SHP materials and recommendation letters to colleges.
- Assists Director in providing communication pieces, including school profile, secondary school report, college handbooks, board reports, and presentations for parent/student education.
- Represents the school at relevant state, national and professional conferences and workshops; interacts with college representatives during SHP visits and college campus travel.
- Assists in maintaining informative and up-to-date college counseling resources on campus and online.
- Assists in maintaining communication with and knowledge of appropriate colleges.
- Provides support in guiding students/families through the financial aid process.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of College Counseling or the Prep Principal.
For complete job description and application information, please click below.
To apply for this job please visit www.shschools.org.