Website Pacific School of Religion
Pacific School of Religion (PSR) is seeking a Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management to lead the expansion of the school’s recruitment in graduate level theological education and in new, innovative non-degree, leadership programs, and serve as part of a dynamic leadership team to implement the school’s ambitious strategic direction.
PSR is a member of the Graduate Theological Union (GTU), the largest and most diverse religious consortium of seminaries and institutes in the world. Recently, PSR has been designated as a Changemaker Campus by Ashoka U for being a leader in social innovation education and joins a dynamic global network of 40 colleges and universities from around the world, including Brown University, Duke University, Dublin City University and the University of Maryland. PSR is a non-profit founded in 1866 and is located in Berkeley, California. See www.psr.edu.
PSR views recruitment and admissions and enrollment management to be central to the task of identifying and preparing the kind of leaders that can transform the world. The successful candidate will reflect PSR’s commitment to spiritually rooted leadership, the need for innovation and skill in social change leadership, and the conviction that communities are strengthen through diversity. The Director supervises and manages the admissions and financial aid staff; is responsible for developing and implementing a recruitment plan to attract a diverse student population; leads the development of an enrollment plan; and oversees financial aid policies and practices in support of achieving growing enrollments and institutional fiscal sustainability. The Director is also responsible for facilitating productive partnerships within PSR and building positive relationships with external constituents—both denominational partners and social change organizations—to strengthen recruitment and retention. In addition, the Director works closely with a faculty staff team shaping the school’s programs for preparing theologically and spiritually rooted leaders for social transformation.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree, particularly in theological education, is preferred/is a plus
- An innovative thinker with a track record of successful enrollment strategies: marketing, recruitment, retention, regulatory issues, current trends in the field, pricing and financial aid with a collaborative approach to coordinating all enrollment management activities, functions and operations
- Commitment to the value of spiritually rooted leadership for social transformation in the service of faith communities and the broader society
- Proven ability to recruit and work with diverse ethnic and multi-cultural student populations and students with diverse sexual orientations and gender-identities
- Demonstrated expertise using social media to attract and recruit applicants
Application and Nomination Process: Expressions of interest (cover letter and resume) and nominations may be sent to PSR’s consultant for this search, Elaine Turner, The Turner Group, at email@example.com. All nominations and applications will be confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org