Website Pacific Collegiate School
Pacific Collegiate School, a small public charter school with a challenging academic curriculum and college preparatory emphasis, is seeking a College Counselor to begin employment in August of 2019. This position entails directing and administering a full range of college counseling services to the junior and senior classes annually, as well as guiding the establishment of graduation plans for students in the lower grades. It is especially important that the College Counselor actively champion the compelling attributes of both our students and our school by
1) developing ongoing relationships with colleges and university admission offices around the country (and the world),
2) de-mystifying the college admissions process for students and their families, through annual issuance of the College Handbook as well as through group and personal meetings
3) managing individual timelines and responding as appropriate to differing student and family circumstances (testing deadlines and advice, providing financial aid education, scholarships, etc.),
4) ensuring that all students are adequately prepared to identify and be admitted to their “best fit” colleges,
5) growing the reputation of PCS as a nationally-recognized, high-performing charter that leads ‘average’ students to ‘above-average’ achievement.
The College Counselor will report directly to the Principal and will work closely with the Management and Leadership Teams. A Master’s degree in School Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Adolescent Development, Social Work or a related field is strongly preferred. A Pupil Personnel Services Credential is preferred but not required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org