Website Occidental College
Occidental College seeks a dynamic professional who will contribute to the overall goals and operations of the department. Reporting to a Senior Associate Dean of Admission, the admission counselor/assistant dean will be responsible for managing his/her/their assigned territories including extensive recruitment-related travel, interviewing prospective students, conducting information sessions, and representing the College at various on-campus and off-campus events. The admission counselor/assistant dean will also evaluate applicants to the College; an understanding of and appreciation for highly selective undergraduate admission processes is necessary. Other duties will be assigned as needed. These may include contributing to the College’s electronic and print marketing teams, serving as a liaison to faculty and campus partners, and supervising student interns.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with high school counselors, community based organizations, and other relevant stakeholders to increase awareness of the College and identify prospective first-year and transfer applicants
- Counsel students and conduct presentations about Occidental and its admission and financial aid policies/procedures to audiences on campus, in high schools, and at off-campus venues and events
- Plan and execute recruitment travel for assigned travel territories within a stipulated budget
- Oversee the tour guide program
- Travel locally and out of state on recruitment trips (6-7 weeks per year)
- Analyze, evaluate first-year and transfer applications, and make recommendations on admission decisions
- Participate in professional development meetings and attend conferences when appropriate
- Perform other admission related duties, as assigned by a Senior Associate Dean The admission counselor/assistant dean will be involved in the full range of recruitment and yield activities including conducting on- and off-campus interviews, participating in recruitment related travel, evaluating applications, and representing the college at a variety of admission sponsored events.
For complete job description and application information, please click below. A cover letter and resume (in Word or PDF) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority consideration will be given to candidates whose materials are received by April 25, 2018. Preferred start date is mid-June.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.oxy.edu/sites/default/files/assets/Admission Counselor - Assistant Dean of Admission April 2018.doc →