Website Occidental College
Reporting to a Senior Associate Dean of Admission, the Admission Coordinator for Campus Experiences will be tasked with campus-based strategic recruitment of prospective Occidental students. The admission coordinator will be an integral member of the campus visit team to help maintain the highest level of service to campus visitors. The coordinator will be responsible for the planning and execution of multiple on-campus recruitment programs for counselors, prospective students, and admitted students and families. These activities will include, but are not limited to, utilizing admission data to identify appropriate prospective students; customizing campus visits for specific students or types of students (e.g. STEM, marine biology, film, theater); and post-visit follow up. This work will require collecting and disseminating campus information, especially regarding academic and departmental updates, programs, and features. The coordinator will be involved in regular communication with admission constituents, including parents, counselors, and teachers. Other duties will be assigned based on the needs of the office and the skills of the hire.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Serve as campus visit liaison for prospective students, including making introductions to campus contacts and helping to coordinate class visits.
- Host key visitors on campus, including counselors, parents and prospective students.
- Assist in the coordination of the Tour Guide program.
- Coordinate Overnight Visit program.
- Utilize technology and admission database to identify target audiences, facilitate communication, and compile reports.
- Follow up via email, phone, and personal notes to prospective students identified by admission officers.
- Minimal local recruitment travel, representing the College at various events.
- Minimal evaluation of first-year applicants as needed.
This position requires strategic thinking, attention to detail, and organizational abilities. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative approach to decision-making as well as the ability to work autonomously, and a commitment to customer service. Experience in an academic setting with an understanding of a residential liberal arts education will be valued in the selection process. Upholding institutional confidentiality is expected. Bachelor’s degree and a valid driver’s license are required. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume (in Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority consideration will be given to materials received by April 25, 2018. Preferred start date is mid-June.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.oxy.edu/sites/default/files/assets/ADMISSION COORDINATOR FOR CAMPUS EXPERIENCES April 2018.doc →