Website Louisville High School
The College and Academic Counselor proactively collaborates with parents, teachers and staff to support the educational, personal, and vocational growth of eleventh grade students. This role will provide students with comprehensive, individualized counseling to ensure academic and emotional progress, and completion of graduation requirements. In addition, the counselor will work with faculty and parents to address any performance and/or behavioral concerns and facilitate corrective action.
- Bachelors Degree in Education or related subject matter.
- Masters Degree in Counseling and/or Pupil Personnel Services Credential preferred.
- Experience in college admissions or high school college counseling.
- At least two years of experience working with the academic and personal needs of high school age students and parents in a school setting required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information with parents, teachers and administrators.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with student and parent programming and informational sessions.
- Experience with high-stakes test coordinating and/or proctoring (AP, SAT, ACT) a plus.
- Familiarity with Naviance,a comprehensive K-12 college and career readiness solution, a plus.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Mrs. Melissa Deeton: email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.louisvillehs.org/page/about/employment →