The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is seeking Admissions Counselors for its new branch campus in Pasadena, California, scheduled to open in early 2018. ICE offers sophisticated, intensive and cost effective one-year diploma programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking and Restaurant / Culinary Management. ICE is the largest and most respected culinary school in New York City, and we are planning to establish that same level of excellence, energy and creativity in Los Angeles. As an ICE Admissions Representative, you will work with prospective students, helping them turn their culinary passions into a rewarding and successful career. We take great pride and satisfaction helping our diverse community “Find Their Culinary Voice”…
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage a healthy pipeline of prospective student leads from both Los Angeles and around the globe who want to consider enrolling at ICE.
• Establish relationships with prospective students and execute personalized, quality sales communications by making and receiving phone calls, email, mail, and personal visits to ICE.
• Follow-up with prospective students to set appointments, tour the school, sit-in on classes, facilitate housing needs and/or financial aid requirements.
• Process enrollment paperwork for students according to School and Department policy and procedures.
• Provide information about the School, tours of the facility, and liaise with the Office of Financial Aid.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two (2) years sales experience required in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Proven track record of tangible results, consistent performance and meeting/exceeding goals. Thrives in a goal oriented, competitive, sales team environment.
• Prior Admissions experience a plus.
• Prior culinary and / or hospitality field experience a plus.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products and the ability to quickly learn new software systems.
• Flexible schedule, able to work some evenings and occasionally at least one weekend-day to accommodate rotating shift schedules.
• Forward cover letter and resume to HR@ice.edu
• Please indicate salary expectations in cover letter
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine program; offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. ICE also offers a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In 2016, DailyMeal.com ranked ICE “the #1 Culinary School in the Nation”.
In fall 2017, ICE signed a lease to open in the spring of 2018 a branch campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, CA.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@ice.edu