Website Holy Names University
Holy Names University in Oakland, CA is seeking an Enrollment Counselor. Our Vision is to educate leaders for positive social change through service. Qualified candidates will demonstrate an understanding of the core values of Holy Names University (hospitality, social justice, human development, and service) and higher education reflective of the Catholic intellectual tradition.
POSITION AND DUTIES
The Enrollment Counselor will recruit and yield students for Holy Names University. The Enrollment Counselor will attend college fairs, community events and support in department programs to connect with perspective students, families, and community and business partners. The counselor schedules visits at schools, delivers presentations and follows-up with individual students. Each Enrollment Counselor manages specific territories/populations and must meet both individual and overall enrollment goals and other responsibilities as assigned. Current vacancies may manage the MBA and Adult Completion Programs and/or Transfers students.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Professionally represent and recruit prospective students to HNU
- Identifies potential students and recruits, advises and evaluates admissions requirements for prospective undergraduate and/or graduate students
- Arrange school visits and give presentations to prospective students and groups
- Establish a relationship with prospective students and their families through telephone, email, and mail contact, events, etc.
- Foster and cultivate external relationships with counselors, programs and community partnerships
- Independently coordinate all aspects of recruitment travel including scheduling, transportation, and accommodations
- Attend recruitment events on and off campus to interact with prospective students
- Review, evaluate and make admissions decisions based on established policies and procedures
- Follow-up daily with prospective students, applicants and admitted students for enrollment purposes
- Help plan and coordinate admission events for prospective and admitted students, families and community partners
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- No direct experience is required. However, previous work with students in a college environment is a plus
- 1-3 years of related job experience; such as previous work with students in the high school, community college or college/graduate school environment, participation in admissions, student outreach and recruitment activities, campus tours or other similar experience(s) is preferred
- Experience working in fast-pace and deadline-driven environment while effectively managing multiple assignments with accuracy and consistency
- Possess ability to communicate, present, and provide information accurately and effectively, both orally and in writing, to large groups and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to the needs of a diverse prospective student population, a commitment to quality teamwork and initiative, independence, and self-motivation are required
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to monitor and meet departmental goals
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
This position requires a background screening. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions.
Work is in an office environment and visiting schools. While visiting a community, the Enrollment Counselor will visit off-site facilities that may be in indoor or outdoor settings. The Enrollment Counselor may sit and stand for extensive periods of time. Normal working hours for this position are Monday-Friday from 9-5:50pm. Evening, travel and occasional weekend hours are expected.
Founded it 1968, holy Names University is one of Oakland’s first institutions, the oldest Catholic University in the East Bay, and one of the most diverse universities in the United States. A coeducational, liberal arts institution of around 1,000 total students, HNU offers the degrees of Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Master of Music, and Master of Science in Nursing. Holy Names University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
For consideration, applicants should submit the Holy Names University Staff Employment Application. Visit: http://www.hnu.edu/about/employment to download the Employment Application. After you have downloaded and completed the application, save and/or print the file and include a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
Please submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are currently being accepted and the position is open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit hnu.edu.