Diversity, Equity and Access
This committee provides leadership to ensure that issues of cultural and ethnic diversity remain at the forefront in the thoughts and actions of WACAC members and the educational community. The committee supports outreach efforts at early, intermediate, and transfer levels intended to increase the number of college students from low-income and ethnically diverse populations.
A sampling of committee projects includes:
- Planning and executing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA), a pre-conference workshop designed to help educational professionals at all levels work successfully with a more diverse population whose needs often differ from those of the majority population.
- Developing a Diversity Speakers’ Bureau
- Administering DEA Grants to support special projects that promote equality and access
- Blogging about important issues related to diversity, equity, and access for the WACAConversations blog.
- Serving on the Undocumented Students Task Force and Compiling an annual Undocumented Student Resource Guide.
DEA Committee Chair
University of California, Berkeley
California Institute of Technology
DEA Grant Coordinator