Preparing for the Fair
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Get A Barcode to Request Information from Colleges the Easy Way!
Preregister your mailing address once the WACAC College Fair Preregistration becomes available. Bring your custom bar code printout to the fair so colleges you like can scan it and send you more information. Without the bar code, you will need to fill out individual information cards by hand to receive information.
Before the Fair...
1. Answer the following questions to help you determine what kind of school would best suit you:
- Do you want to attend a two- or four-year institution? Co-ed or single sex?
- What size school do you want to attend?
- What programs of study are you considering?
- How far from home do you want to go?
- Do you wish to participate in any specific extra-curricular activities or athletics?
- Do you want to attend a school in an urban, suburban or rural environment?
- Do you require any special services (i.e. tutoring, note takers, readers, TDD or interpreters)?
2. Discuss your college plans with your guidance counselor, family, teachers and friends.
3. Research your colleges of interest on the Internet and in your guidance office/library
4. Check dates and registration deadlines for college entrance examinations.
At the Fair…
1. At National Fairs, please pick up a bag and a fair directory.
2. At WACAC
College Fairs, please walk around (the colleges will be placed in alphabetical order.)
3. Visit with colleges and universities that you feel meet your criteria.
4. Attend an information session.
5. At WACAC
and National Fairs, please talk with a college counselor at the Counseling Center if you have any questions or need help with your college search.
For more information, email Cheryl Schenk Miller, WACAC College Fairs Chair.
Copyright © 2005 Western Association for College Admission Counseling